Hello! I've been hearing about this no poo thing for a while and thanks to laziness, I started it.
My usually routine was wash my hair with sulfate free shampoo and sometimes conditioner two times a week. Every now and again, I would deep condition. Usually I'm too much in a hurry to condition. I chemically dye my hair normal colors and crazy colors. I have really bad dandruff. The reason why I only wash my hair twice a week cause it would help me. When my hair is colored crazy, I only wash my hair maybe once a week. I find the less frequent washings and sulfate free shampoos helped me keep color (along with filler treatment and after color treatments). My hair is wavy (that ugly wave that really isn't a curl nor straight enough to be straight), coarse, and thick.
So I started my first two weeks not washing my hair. My hair eventually seemed to even out into not being complete bother. I did a baking soda and ACV wash. My dandruff seemed better but still flakes but not as bad. I have tea tree oil. WIll that help? It felt stiff the first time and takes longer to dry. I tried less baking soda and it was better the last two times. But I just don't know the correct ration of baking soda to start with. I start with a cup and just pour. I added a ton the first time. I just pour till it feels right. With ACV, I put a cap full in a cup.
Here's my questions:
1. Will I ever be able to use products again? I sometimes like to set my hair using setting lotion to making it curly. And I like using glitter hair spray in my hair when I'm going out. Will that mess it all up?
2. I'm going to be swimming a lot in a few weeks at camp. What do I do? Just rinse? Just ACV?
3. Will baking soda strip my hair color?
4. How can I store it instead of making new batches every time?
5. When I use hair color removers that say "shampoo, rinse, shampoo again." What do I do?
6. When I dye my hair, I use a protein filler before coloring and then I seal it with a solution that I just understand will close the hair cuticle. Is this bad for no poo?
I think that may be all my questions for now. Thank you everyon!
- No Poo Newbie!