Help: Exercise / stringy / heavy oils / inconsistency
• Normal hair, fine but a lot of it, 2" past brastrap (and since I'm 6'1" that's a lot of hair), straight, dark brunette
• Love no-poo for my scalp dermatitis and for volume.
I've started exercising about 5 days a week, Bikram yoga which means a lot of sweat. Now my hair is overproducing oils probably from overwashing, I'm not sure what happened. I tried reducing the BS so I could wash more frequently, every other day or every 3 days, but it is very inconsistent. The length of my hair is stringy now, and adding pomade (John Masters Organics) just makes it stringier. Now I only have good hair if it's just been washed, the next day it gets oily by the end of the day.
For a long time I had my hair on a great routine, shiny, lots of body, usually a bit on the drier side right after a wash but that made the wash last longer, around 7 days with water washes every other day or every day. A water wash after exercising worked just fine.
My routine has been totally thrown up in the air. I always put the acid on my scalp for oil control as well as on the length, though recently the more I do that the heavier/oilier my head gets, which is not how it should work, I mean, I don't go crazy with the vinegar on my head. I've been alternating as I feel like it between:
- 1 tablespoon BS/1 cup water (always using boiling water and making sure the BS hasn't gone bad)
- 2 teaspoons BS/1 cup water
- Herbal rinse for oil control and volume w ACV, infusion of 1 tablespoon wild cherry bark, oatstraw, tarragon, nettle, rosehips (this has become too heavy for my hair w the overproducing oils)
- ACV with 1 tablespoon honey and infusion of nettle
- Straight traditional 1.5 tablespoon/1 cup water ACV rinse
- Straight 1.5 tablespoon/1 cup water white vinegar rinse
I'm going to troll around the exercise, long hair, oil control posts but I'd love advise on getting my hair back to a consistent normal so I don't have to worry about it, manage it so much. This is too much work for me right now!